In Home Display Panel

Dunce Mode

n3wb
Reaction score
I was at a housewarming party this weekend, and the owner had a little tablet looking display near his kitchen that displayed the time. Upon touching it, it immediately switched view to show thumbnails of nine of his security cameras. I asked him about it, and he said it was a "control 4" system. I have all dahua cameras in my setup, and would like something like this. Does anything exist that would work with a "roll your own" type of camera setup?

I know I could get an old tablet with tiny cam or blue Iris app or whatever, but I want something more instantaneous with a clean installed look.

Thanks!

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Dunce Mode
Numerous options as you cite. You can get an inwall ipad mount and clip your ipad in then run numerous apps that would show your cameras - this will give you the most "options". Me personally, when people want this, I use this monitor. It mounts flush. Sure, its a monitor and when its on only shows the NVR screen. But, it's cost effective and gets the job done. Also mounts clean and nice. I feed it with HDMI from the NVR when I install them.

two of the more popular Ipad mounts I've seen used.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an ancient clamshell pc, running SmartPSS. It shows the cams I'm interested in. It's connected wifi, back to a wireless router on the subnet of the NVR (just to seperate traffic from my home's main net)
Since it's a windows pc, a screen saver could display time, and conceal the cam images. Bump the mouse to view cams.

Fastb