Incorporating Pelco PTZ's to Blue Iris

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have a setup that can still use the Pelco C protocol or know of a DVR that will run the Pelcos and stream to the Blue Iris.
I would like a cost effective way to still use these cams and an analog LPR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a setup that can still use the Pelco C protocol or know of a DVR that will run the Pelcos and stream to the Blue Iris.
I would like a cost effective way to still use these cams and an analog LPR.
Are you using a Pelco PTZ now and is it hooked to a DVR or are you wanting to buy an analog LPR?

If you already have a DVR, you can probably connect it to BI by typing in the IP address of the DVR.

If you do not have one, find a cheap analog DVR with Pelco. A swann or nightowl would probably work. I suspect Amcrest would too.

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s an old Pelco dx8000. Strictly analog with only email and remote server linking through the internet.
Before I “downgrade” and buy old tech I was trolling to see if someone shares my situation and has a working system and uses Coaxitron.
I counted on Pelco C when I ran the wires to the poles in my yard, and would like to avoid more ladder work without knowing Pelco D works as well with a particular DVR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It’s an old Pelco dx8000. Strictly analog with only email and remote server linking through the internet.
Before I “downgrade” and buy old tech I was trolling to see if someone shares my situation and has a working system and uses Coaxitron.
I counted on Pelco C when I ran the wires to the poles in my yard, and would like to avoid more ladder work without knowing Pelco D works as well with a particular DVR.
Isn't Coaxitron the same as "up the coax"? If so, most of the Swann and Nightowl DVRs will take an up the coax to move a PTZ. I am sure others work as well, but my neighbors have systems within the past 3 years that operate "up the coax" to an analog PTZ (albeit not a Pelco PTZ).