Increase the installation distance for ikvision camera.

longtada

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the following model:
1648629191325.png
Since the cameras have to go to the POE port of the NVR so that the bandwidth of the main network is not occupied, I cannot connect the cameras to other switches. And that leads to 3 cameras with a distance >120m not working.
I already have a POE switch available and want to take advantage of it to repeat the POE source at a distance of 80m from the NVR.
QUESTION IS:
1. Is this possible, and how should I install it?
2. If it is not possible, I will use POE injectors, I have tried it and it works, but is there a better way?
1648629527117.png

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. Is this possible, and how should I install it?
I don't think that will work because you can only have 1 camera per channel on the NVR.

2. If it is not possible, I will use POE injectors, I have tried it and it works, but is there a better way?
Have you tried changing the "PoE Power Configuration" on the NVR for those 3 channels/cameras from "Short Distance" to "Long Distance"?

longtada

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think that will work because you can only have 1 camera per channel on the NVR.

>> I think so.
Have you tried changing the "PoE Power Configuration" on the NVR for those 3 channels/cameras from "Short Distance" to "Long Distance"?
>>I've tried to use hikvision POE switch at the NVR to test the extend to 250m function but it did not work.
Thank you sir.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since it's only 3 cameras, the PoE injectors are probably the best way to go, but...

You could add another ethernet switch between the NVR and the existing ethernet switch...
uplink from the additional switch to the existing switch...
NVR and remote PoE switch connected to the additional switch...
the additional switch won't add any bandwidth/congestion to the main network...
but the cameras will have to use ip addresses from the main network.