Indoor Wall Mount for DS-2CD2542FWD-IS

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the Hikvision "DS-1258ZJ" the correct indoor wall mount for the DS-2CD2542FWD-IS mini-dome?

I ask because the camera's mounting plate seems to attached to the "DS-1258ZJ" through the same two bracket holes as the camera wants to use to mate with the bracket. What I ended up doing is using longer M4-0.7 machine screws to mount the camera to the mounting plate and then into the wall mount ("DS-1258ZJ")

--Rob

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the Hikvision "DS-1258ZJ" the correct indoor wall mount for the DS-2CD2542FWD-IS mini-dome?
Not the correct one, DS-1258ZJ is for 2CD21xx domes. For 2CD25xx domes you have to use DS-1272ZJ-120 (I think there is no indoor equivalent).

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually attaching the camera bracket to the wall mount to the so that it is not square to the front of the mount (as shown below) allows the camera to be independently attached to the bracket and the bracket to be attached to the wall mount. The 3-axis adjustment of the camera can be used to compensate for the fact that the camera bracket is not sqaure with the front of the wall mount.

p.s. The wall mount in the photo below is not the DS-1258ZJ, but it illustrates the point.

Last edited: