Initializing IPC-T5442T-ZE

Reaction score
Hey all,

I purchased several IPC-T5442T-ZE's and am in the process of setting them up. I've connected it to my managed POE switch and used the Config tool to set the static IP. A few questions:

1) I'm able to access the web gui for the camera and view video/settings; however, I do not see the device in my router settings anywhere. I have static IP's set for blue iris and the switch via my router but can't see the cam in the router.

2) In the config tool under details, it notes a specific port number for the camera and read in a different thread that happens when manually adjusted and isn't ideal. Do i need to reset the camera and start again?

3) Anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) I'm able to access the web gui for the camera and view video/settings; however, I do not see the device in my router settings anywhere. I have static IP's set for blue iris and the switch via my router but can't see the cam in the router.
When you assign a static IP in the camera, the the DHCP server in the router has no job to do so it won't report an IP of a device that it did not assign an IP to from its DHCP pool of IP addresses.

EDIT: I may have misread your post; If you haven't done so, I would assign unique static IP's to your cams. Use IP's that are OUTSIDE the router's DHCP pool.

2) In the config tool under details, it notes a specific port number for the camera and read in a different thread that happens when manually adjusted and isn't ideal. Do i need to reset the camera and start again?
If using BI, no need to change cam ports; 80 should remain for HTTP and 554 should remain for RTSP.

Reaction score
When you assign a static IP in the camera, the the DHCP server in the router has no job to do so it won't report an IP of a device that it did not assign an IP to from its DHCP pool of IP addresses.

EDIT: I may have misread your post; If you haven't done so, I would assign unique static IP's to your cams. Use IP's that are OUTSIDE the router's DHCP pool.

If using BI, no need to change cam ports; 80 should remain for HTTP and 554 should remain for RTSP.
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have the cameras segmented via vlan and was never able to see the initial 192.168.1.108 they use by default so I corrected the camera ip to the proper vlan using the config tool and set a static ip outside the dhcp range. Shouldn't i still see that on the router? Do you recommend setting static ip via the camera itself or through the router?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you recommend setting static ip via the camera itself or through the router?
The static IP is set in the cam; not to sound like a broken record but just use IPs outside the router's DHCP pool.

Some folks like to make IP reservations in the router but because many modem/router combos furnished by ISP's don't provide that feature so I started years ago using IP's outside the range of the router's DHCP pool and have NEVER had an issue. You can also log into the router to adjust the range of that DHCP pool to suit your needs and desires.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Which router are you using? As TonyR said above, some routers won't pick up devices with static addresses it didn't assign. May pick them up later after some network interaction. An Aus router that I had with certain firmware didn't show all of mine. Kind of a pain.

Reaction score
Which router are you using? As TonyR said above, some routers won't pick up devices with static addresses it didn't assign. May pick them up later after some network interaction. An Aus router that I had with certain firmware didn't show all of mine. Kind of a pain.
Pfsense. I found the cam via the ARP table.