Injured Deer Jumps A Fence

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
At the very end of the video you can see the jump in slow motion. The rear legs hit the top of the fence and the deer toppled over. You can see it limping away through the slats of the deck.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Poor thing, I hate seeing animals in pain..
Yes, this deer has been hanging around for the last 3 weeks and it's difficult to watch. It comes up the garage side of the house after dark and walks further up the hill to eat. In the morning it comes back down the hillside below our house. Some days it walks down the garage side of the house and some days it goes on the other side and jumps that fence. So far it hasn't hurt itself further by the jumping, but last night was the first night it never came around at all.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder how it lost its front leg. Very sad.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:( :( That poor deer.

"Ok, it's nature. It happens" most people say all the time, but if i see things like this, even a big guy has tears rolling.

Feeling so sorry for that deer.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder how it lost its front leg. Very sad.
I don't know how it hurt it's leg, but I frequently see small groups of deer playing on the hillside below our house. They run around at full speed looking like they are playing a game of tag. This hillside is pretty steep so it probably hurt itself by slipping or jumping a fence and landing wrong. I think this deer may have passed on, as it hasn't been seen since the day after it jumped over the fence. It came by that night but stayed down on the hillside. That was the last time I saw it.