Installer error CFG64015: Failed to create login when installing on dedicated SQL Server

mare.7782

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two machines: one is for SQL server installation (SQLSRV) and milestone machine (MLMACHINE). SQL Server 2016 Standard edition is properly installed on the SQLSRV machine.

I start the installation of Milestone XProtect 2018 R3. It finds the database server and starts installation, but when it comes to install Management Server it hangs up with an error:

An error occurred: 'CFG64015: Failed to create login 'MLMACHINE\MLMACHINE$' on database server SQLSRV. Error: Windows NT user or group 'MLMACHINE\MLMACHINE$' not found. Check the name again.'. Error details: at VideoOS.Server.Admin.Utilities.DatabaseUtils.SetDatabaseAccount(AccountInfo newAccount)

at VideoOS.Server.Admin.Utilities.ServerUtilities.SetDatabaseAccount(AccountInfo serviceAccount, String databaseServer, String databaseName)

I cannot map the user manually because there is no domain in windows network and windows user from other machine cannot be added to SQL Server machine.

Do you have any ideas how I can resolve this problem? Are there some special permissions and users I have to set? I tried reading Milestone documentation and didn't find anything that resolves this problem.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What version of XProtect are you using and how many cameras are you planning to set up ?. Just about all versions of XProtect will install SQL Express during the install on a single machine installation and this database is good enough for up to 300 cameras. Milestone recommends using a separate database for >300 cameras. Seems you are making hard work for yourself doing a distributed setup. Is it really necessary ?

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is worthy of creating a Milestone support case.

mare.7782

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, I need to set it up like this. Did someone set the SQL separably and how he did it?

The version is, as I said, 2018 R3.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
XProtect comes in various flavours like Essentials, Professional and Corporate. You are not being specific enough or know the product well enough.