Installer List?

Reaction score
OK. It is clear to me that this program has gotten beyond my ability/willingness to keep up. I've had the server running 6 cameras for at least 5 years so it is initially installed. Is there a list of trusted installers for me to contact about doing the last 10% (reliable alerts mainly)?

Please do not tell me how easy it is if I only read the FAQs. I already covered that in the first paragraph. I would rather pay someone. Just too old.

I am in Baltimore, MD.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dewey

Reaction score
I think if you want blue iris and a setup you can trust this would be the best bet. And his rates are resonable vs an installer that will give you a lot less.
Looks like he is in Florida??? I am in Baltimore. Any others closer? I thought about contacting Ken about installers but I wanted to check here before I bother him.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like he is in Florida??? I am in Baltimore. Any others closer? I thought about contacting Ken about installers but I wanted to check here before I bother him.
I thought you were talking about setting up and/or fine tuning Blue Iris...he does so over the Internet via remote desktop or the like.

Last edited:

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, what part are you stuck on? It sounded like you needed some help with maintaining your blue iris server?

Reaction score
Thank you both. It has to do with false positives (especially object detection across zones) and getting push alerts and vid with texts (Verizon via xfinity). How to most effectievely use camera groups (or not with 6 cams).

Two outside, one license plate. Rest are inside. Just wanna be able to call the precinct when someone is in the house when we are away.

A lot has to do with my patience these days.

For installer, I mean someone who is very comfortable with the software and can get it straight for me in a couple hours. No probs with external access and all HIK cams. Obviously fee for service.

Been doing this since Avermedia (remember THAT) and just plain getting tired of a changing world. Love Blue Iris.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you both. It has to do with false positives (especially object detection across zones) and getting push alerts and vid with texts (Verizon via xfinity). How to most effectievely use camera groups (or not with 6 cams).

Two outside, one license plate. Rest are inside. Just wanna be able to call the precinct when someone is in the house when we are away.

A lot has to do with my patience these days.

For installer, I mean someone who is very comfortable with the software and can get it straight for me in a couple hours. No probs with external access and all HIK cams. Obviously fee for service.

Been doing this since Avermedia (remember THAT) and just plain getting tired of a changing world. Love Blue Iris.
He has videos here:

You can setup zone and geofencing profiles that have the trigger when you leave. With a little bit of effort and watching those videos it can be done. If not you can contact him to see if he can charge for a remote connect session to set up your settings:

Reaction score
Then again, he serves Flagler County Fl. and I am Baltimore. Not interested in paying airfare.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then again, he serves Flagler County Fl. and I am Baltimore. Not interested in paying airfare.
Are you putting me on or do you not actually get it? :wtf:
If what you need is the fine tuning of Blue Iris, he does it REMOTELY (re·mote·ly /rəˈmōtlē/ , adverb, meaning "...from a distance; without physical contact.").

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you putting me on or do you not actually get it? :wtf:
If what you need is the fine tuning of Blue Iris, he does it REMOTELY (re·mote·ly /rəˈmōtlē/ , adverb, meaning "...from a distance; without physical contact.").
I truly feel he is missing this part.

Look over what he offers here : HomeTech Video | Blue Iris Remote Help

email to get an idea what he can help you with. I am sure you can be helped.