Installers in the Charlotte, NC area

Reaction score
I have had a 16 camera Hikvision system (from Nelly's) and it has worked great for the past 6 years up until now. Some of the cameras stopped working and I have had two different guys try to fix it. Now some of those cameras work and some of the ones that didn't work now do. The last repairman says he gives up. It appears the cameras themselves are ok. Does anyone have suggestions for a knowledgable technician in the Charlotte, NC area? Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, I started with their support line before I had the two techs come out. They diagnosed a failed POE output on the NVR so I ordered an 18 outlet POE unit and tried hooking that up but still could only get a couple cameras to work. Everything going forward from there seemed over my head electronically so that is when I called a technician that does local security cameras for businesses. He got 8 cameras working but not the PTZ that I had working. He thinks one of the problems may be that the original installers had each camera have its own password. I didn't understand but about 10% of what all he said and don't have the knowledge to figure it out or the time off work to make any headway. I would gladly pay a well informed person to get it going. If I can't then I guess I am looking at replacing the system.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider a search on the Better Business Bureau, BBB accredited and A+ rated only, category "Security Cameras" in the Charlotte, NC area ==>> here.
Also, @VorlonFrog might have some ideas also, as he's in Charlotte.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been so long, last time I consulted an installer was when purchasing the very first Hikvision doorbell cameras. Had to buy the LTS version, from a local installer. Cannot remember his name for the life of me. :(