Installing BI App without Google Play sign-in?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

On my main Android phone I have a plethora of Google accounts, all signed in, and have purchased the BI App (over a year ago) and all is well.

I now want to install the BI app on an older phone, which HAS NO ACCOUNTS OF ANY SORT SIGNED IN. And it needs to stay this way. This device's only function will be to live in my bedside drawer, and sometimes at night, I will take it out and look at what's going on on the cameras via the BI app. It's not uncommon after I've gone to bed for me to start obsessing about whether the garage is closed or whatever, and the app will make short work of that.

I figured I would just copy the app installer (.apk) from my main phone to the old device and do a sideload install. But I haven't found the apk on my main phone copy it over. Just a com.blueirissoftware.blueiris folder with a bunch of cached stuff in it.

I thought of signing into the account I used to buy the app, install it, then sign out/delete the account, but in the past I've had trouble getting rid of the last and only account on a phone. I want this thing to be totally clean, no temptation of any other use whatsoever, no sounds or vibrations from it ever, no notifications, ever. Just on demand camera views; that's it.

Any help appreciated!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Never mind. I found the app on a mirror and sideloaded it without any problems.

The phone will usually be in airplane mode (radios off); I wonder how long it will last between charges? Time will tell.

(Side note: my anti-google-on-this-phone is solely to preserve it as a very specific function device; I have a "no devices in my bedroom" rule to prevent buzzes and beeps from bugging me during sleep. So far the only exception has been my Kindle, which is silent by design. I'm not part of the tinfoil hat brigade that is scared about Google/MS/Amazon etc learning about me... they already know everything there is to know, to the point where I almost expect to be notified when to head to the bathroom due to an imminent poop that I hadn't considered...)