Installing camera in waterproof box for underwater use?

TuckNTruck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone ever installed an IP camera in some sort of waterproof housing for continuous use underwater? I'm imagining a plexiglass box just big enough to house a 5442 or similar with a waterproof passthrough for the ethernet cable. I'd like to be able to keep the box/camera submerged just under the surface. Does such a thing exist or has anyone attempted to build something to allow an IP camera to be used under water?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
there is a thread on this atm.

TuckNTruck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've got a rough idea of the housing I'm going to put together to house a camera. Now to decide which camera to use. I have a 5442 and a few 2431Ts laying around. The camera will be 5-20 feet deep in water with an average of 6-10' visibility, so not murky water, but not perfectly clear either. I'll have a few bright LED spot lights in housings beside and under the camera illuminating everything at deeper depths and at night, so I don't expect any low-light problems. So, based on that, what's a good camera option? Willing to buy new if needed, and the housing will work with turrets or bullets.