Installing Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I on wall

Reaction score
Hi all

New member so please be friendly.:)

I'm looking at purchasing a Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I and installing it directly on a wall.

Cables will come out through the side if possible.

Do I need another mount or can I install directly onto a vertical wall? Just want to make sure I've got everything I need before purchasing.

Thanks all:D

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Depends on how big of a hole your willing to make. I have the 2335 flush on my garage entrance with the hole about 3/4 inch to allow the cat5 with insulator able to go directly into the wall. I used a silcone caulking above to avoid any water penetration. To best avoid any water for the minimal cost you may as well order the mount which will hold all your cables and allow you to best access the plugs if need be (I am just cheap). They sell for about 15 bucks also provide a bit of profile away from siding if you want to direct camera down or have any obstructions. You are starting out correctly by going with the turret model, also depending on your height you never want to go too high say 3 meters at most, also 4mm lens kind of the min. although I have several 2.8mm lens as I like the whole picture and have PTZ's that direct to a location with motion.

Last edited by a moderator: