intel HA

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,
So I finally got my hands on an intel rig. I have an optiplex 5040 i7-6700 with 16gb ram. Big difference in cpu usage out of the box compared to my old rig.
Quick question regarding the HA. I have selected intel+vpp, but it doesn't seem to do anything and Status does not indicate I am using any HA at all...even after restarting BL.

Do I also need a GPU to be able to enable or use this HA feature?
Also, is there anything in the bios I need to change?

status.JPG
ha.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Star with regular old "Intel". Driver version as well as hardware effect which will work. You don't need a separate GPU IF the CPU/mobo have onboard graphics.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Star with regular old "Intel". Driver version as well as hardware effect which will work. You don't need a separate GPU IF the CPU/mobo have onboard graphics.
I found what it was.. each individual camera setting had the HW set to "No" instead of default. Once I changed it to default I can now see "i+" in Status.
Another thing though unrelated... is there a way to be able to view the Web Server feed as smooth as it looks on the BL machine?

I've noticed that when viewing the live view on the BL machine, it looks smoother than when viewing it remotely on another PC using the browser.
It's feels like the fps is lower. I have tried the Web Server setting that controls the fps and I have cracked it to the max that these cameras can do which is 20 fps, so I've tried setting the web server to 25 or 30, but it still doesn't looks as smooth.
Is that normal or I should be able to make them look the same?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What you see on the console is individual camera feeds. What you see on the web interface is a composite of all your camera feeds. Never the twain shall meet. Remember, this is video surveillance not a Hollweird epoch. 15P/ps is more than enough.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
In later versions of BI, with 17 cams, I was informed that I may experience an increase in CPU %age if " too many" cams are on Intel Hardware acceleration. Or even a freeze effect or a stuttery effect.
So While in Global settings, I have "intel" selected. At individual cameras, I think I have about one third of the 17 camera's turned off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, between the addition of the substreams and some people experiencing issues with HA, if you have issues you can run without it.

Prior to the substreams, HA was a must to keep CPU down, but now it doesn't impact it as much.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did notice there was little difference between using HA or not. Unfortunately my Wyze cheapo cameras do not support sub stream, but I am still getting much better cpu results with this i7 vs my old AMD so I can’t complain too much

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed that when viewing the live view on the BL machine, it looks smoother than when viewing it remotely on another PC using the browser.
It's feels like the fps is lower. I have tried the Web Server setting that controls the fps and I have cracked it to the max that these cameras can do which is 20 fps, so I've tried setting the web server to 25 or 30, but it still doesn't looks as smooth.
Is that normal or I should be able to make them look the same?
Find this part above the cameras in Blue Iris, and click the gear icon.

1635180483330.png

That is the only place you can increase the group streaming frame rate. All other FPS settings I can think of in Blue Iris or UI3 are just limiters.