Introduction and issue with ipc-t2347G-LU (Hikvision ColorVu)

bens95

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I am finally setting up a camera for my home business that I have had sitting around. I bought it a long time ago after reading this forum, I believe from EmpireTech, but I cant seem to find my order, so i cant be sure. I am trying to start off simple and connect to the camera directly after powering it with POE, but for some reason it just wont get an IP. When plugged in, the lights go on for ~5 seconds and then turn off. No further evidence of activity. I can see the MAC Address in my switch, and I have DHCP configured for the VLAN that it is on. No luck with anything. At this point I am about to throw in the towel and assume I got a dud and buy a new one. Any suggestions?

Things i have tried:
SD card in
SD card out
Factory reset (10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds)
waited 30 min
Different port on switch
Test another device on switch port

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All, I am finally setting up a camera for my home business that I have had sitting around. I bought it a long time ago after reading this forum, I believe from EmpireTech, but I cant seem to find my order, so i cant be sure. I am trying to start off simple and connect to the camera directly after powering it with POE, but for some reason it just wont get an IP. When plugged in, the lights go on for ~5 seconds and then turn off. No further evidence of activity. I can see the MAC Address in my switch, and I have DHCP configured for the VLAN that it is on. No luck with anything. At this point I am about to throw in the towel and assume I got a dud and buy a new one. Any suggestions?

Things i have tried:
SD card in
SD card out
Factory reset (10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds)
waited 30 min
Different port on switch
Test another device on switch port
Start here:
Most pro quality cameras default to a particular static ip address out of the box (depends on brand). In this case it should be 192.168.1.64.

bens95

n3wb
Reaction score
Start here:
Most pro quality cameras default to a particular static ip address out of the box (depends on brand). In this case it should be 192.168.1.64.
Thanks for the quick response. I went as far as creating a new VLAN for the 192.168.1.1/24 subnet to see if the camera would take either DHCP or a static address. It starts up and negotiates an interface speed, I see small amounts of data transmitted and received. It does not however end up taking an IP 192.168.1.64 or otherwise. Any other ideas?

1674278993318.png
1674279127492.png

Edit:
Forgot to show mac
1674279423182.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I went as far as creating a new VLAN for the 192.168.1.1/24 subnet to see if the camera would take either DHCP or a static address. It starts up and negotiates an interface speed, I see small amounts of data transmitted and received. It does not however end up taking an IP 192.168.1.64 or otherwise. Any other ideas?

View attachment 151546
View attachment 151547
It's not using DHCP thus won't show up on many switches / routers. Your computer needs to be in the same subnet to talk to it. Make sure there's no IP address conflict. Don't over complicate things with VLANS if you can't get the basics to work.

see what ARP shows you.

Try SADP

bens95

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not using DHCP thus won't show up on many switches / routers. Your computer needs to be in the same subnet to talk to it. Make sure there's no IP address conflict. Don't over complicate things with VLANS if you can't get the basics to work.

see what ARP shows you.

Try SADP
I was impatient. It took .64 static while i was moving my laptop over to the new vlan. That's what I get for being impatient. Thank you for the help!
1674280388572.png