iOS App Configuration

SlimCookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello - I've refrained as much as I could to not post a question that I haven't at least done my due diligence on trying to figure out a solution.

I'm fairly new to networking and cameras (aside from Nest...). I have my cameras working and what not. My blue iris app works fine when I'm home on my network. However, when I leave my house and use my mobile internet connection, I'm unable to connect to my cameras.

Are there any videos or documents that walk through the entire setup for dummies?

Additionally, I've only used Nest for a indoor garage camera and my doorbell camera. I have the Nest doorbell camera working in Blue Iris. My question: I receive a notification on my lock screen from Nest when it detects motion. I have Blue Iris set up to push notification but it appears I only receive the notification alert via the App Icon with a the red notification and number of notifications inside that red bubble. I do not receive anything on my lock screen or notification center. I've reviewed the apps permissions and the banner option for notification is selected.

I really like the BI software but coming from an easy out of box setup (Nest); I'm finding it hard to adapt to the iOS app UI for BI compared to Nest. Thoughts?

Edit: adding more questions :)

Last edited: