IOS Push Error

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am vacationing in Arizona and my Blue Iris Server is in Reno. Everything has been working flawlessly until a few days ago. Alerts are no longer recorded. The status log shows that while a camera has been triggered, a push error has occurred. It‘s not the app, because this is the same on my iPhone and in my iPad Pro. Any clues?

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am vacationing in Arizona and my Blue Iris Server is in Reno. Everything has been working flawlessly until a few days ago. Alerts are no longer recorded. The status log shows that while a camera has been triggered, a push error has occurred. It‘s not the app, because this is the same on my iPhone and in my iPad Pro. Any clues?
What version of Blue Iris are you running? I believe there was a thread that recommended updating to 5.3.9 before 28-Feb, otherwise push notifications would fail. I’ll go back and check and see if I can find the info.
Update; here is the link I found regarding the issue with version and push notifications. I had a couple of the error messages on my log as well until I updated.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe it’s related to expiring certificates at Apple that are renewed in the newer version of BI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I
I believe it’s related to expiring certificates at Apple that are renewed in the newer version of BI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you are correct in that I need an update. However, I won’t be able to do that until I return to Reno.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version of Blue Iris are you running? I believe there was a thread that recommended updating to 5.3.9 before 28-Feb, otherwise push notifications would fail. I’ll go back and check and see if I can find the info.
Update; here is the link I found regarding the issue with version and push notifications. I had a couple of the error messages on my log as well until I updated.
Yes, I am sure you are right in that I need to update my Blue Iris. However, I can’t do that until I return home. Thanks!