Ip cam with I/O port

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Could you please suggest me an economic ip cam that is equipped with the I/O ports ?
I just want to use the output port to trigger a relay that block the opening of my garage door if the cam detect a motion in front of it.

I've found the Dauha K26 but is no more on the market

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Could you please suggest me an economic ip cam that is equipped with the I/O ports ?
I just want to use the output port to trigger a relay that block the opening of my garage door if the cam detect a motion in front of it.

I've found the Dauha K26 but is no more on the market
[/QUOTE

Normally, the camera sensors are not as reliable as a dedicated motion detector or photobeams (IR/Microwave, etc.). Could you please be more specific' or provide an example of your requirements?

Reaction score
Ok.
My garage door is a tilting shutter.
I control the opening of it by a sonoff basic device controlled by Siri vocal command gave by my Apple Watch.
Every time I do that the risk is that another car is in transit or doin parking maneuver in the area of my door.
My goal is to place an ip cam that when detect some movement in the programmed area, sends an alert to the output port.
This output alarm will control a relay that cut off the contact of the sonoff temporary avoiding the shutter to open.
I think ip cam is better than a simple pir sensor that have more difficulty to detect a car moving slowly like in a parking time.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just to understand, the intention of using a camera is basically for detection (automation), but not to visually inspect if a car/pedestrian is approaching the perimeter. My experience with using a camera sensor is somehow unpredictable, specially with light-dependent scenarios (shadows/night-time). Not sure if your parking lot allows, but a point-to-point photo-sensor (infrared beam) could be used to cut-off the beam, an notify if a car/ pedestrian enter your area (same concept used with garage/fence electric motors cut-off).
You could also experiment with the new Wyze Cam V3 detection profile (person/objects). I will add a smart-plug to the ecosystem to energize a 120Vac relay, to open a contact when the camera detects motion. Just create a rule (when/do/if) to activate the relay during detection, to stop the garage door motor. For security reasons, I will not depend solely in the system to be design. Since you will install a camera, visually inspect the area (camera app), before opening the door.