IP camera - which infrared leds i need to buy for replacemnt

bundyboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some chinese ip camera, and a few infrared leds unfortunately don't work, so I'd like to replace them with the working ones.

Can you tell me which exactly infrared leds i need to buy ? can you give me example from ebay or aliexpress ?

I will solder the new ones, just i dont know which one to buy ? what characteristics they should have

Thank you

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some chinese ip camera, and a few infrared leds unfortunately don't work, so I'd like to replace them with the working ones.

Can you tell me which exactly infrared leds i need to buy ? can you give me example from ebay or aliexpress ?

I will solder the new ones, just i dont know which one to buy ? what characteristics they should have

Thank you
A lot easier to purchase an external IR illuminator and use it.
Such as: https://www.amazon.com/CMVision-WideAngle-100feet-ourdoor-Illuminator/dp/B01MTXSJP9/ref=sr_1_22?crid=1RXX5ZFMFXZ07&keywords=ir+illuminator+for+security+camera&qid=1570468388&sprefix=ir+i,aps,194&sr=8-22

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bundyboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

but i was thinking to buy something like this:

48LEDs IR Illuminator Light 940nm Infrared DC 12V Lamp Invisible CCTV Hot | eBay

or

Infrared 36 IR LED Light Board for CCTV Security Cameras 850nm Night vision 4H6 192701814045 | eBay

and just replace the complete board, or at least solder out several infrared leds, and put it on the old board.

just I dont know, are all infrared leds the same ?

voltage is 12V is for all infrared leds ?

but what about amperage ?

Thanks

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.