IP Camera with FTP Image Upload feature

ureco

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on what IP Camera will meet my requirements.

I run a weather website - and for several years I used an old Y-Cam camera to upload images to my website hosted by a 3rd-party via FTP upload. Unfortunately this camera after many years of service recently failed.

Importantly this old camera allowed me to FTP an image with the same filename - effectively overwriting the previous image. This means my website accessed the same image filename displaying the latest image uploaded.

I'm having problems sourcing an IP Camera that will offer the same functionality. Many say they offer FTP but don't say whether the filename can be the same for each upload of the image captured.

I recently purchased a Reolink E1 Zoom but two issues mean it will not work for me and had to be returned. It does not allow "_" in the directory path where the images are written to on the server. Which given I'm force to use a root directory of "html_public" means I could not post the images to the location I wanted.
Also, the image upload (temporarily set it to a folder without a "_" in it) had a date/time stamp in the filename which means it creates a new image with every upload (in my case every 15 seconds) - this would soon fill up my server storage allowance and create a tidy up nightmare every day. Plus it's not possible select the latest image (easily anyway) from the HTML code.

So, I'm looking for an FTP enabled (Indoor preferably) IP Camera with the ability to upload a still image every 10 - 15 seconds or so to a folder location on the server with a "_" in it and have the image file called the same name (e.g. "image.jpg") over-writing the previous stored image file.

Does anyone know of a camera that will meet these requirements?

Very much appreciate any help / advice as it's very difficult to find a camera that will meet my specific needs.

Thanks
Colin

flinia

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a similar issue here.

I have an axis 2110 camera, that had in built feature of overwriting over the old images.

There are 10 images each taken every 2 minutes and uploaded via ftp, that are getting published to a website, giving a rough idea of what was going on in the past 20 minutes.

The axis 2110 camera started to play up, so I bought a new one Axis M2025-LE

New camera does not have the overwriting feature, I can only specify intervals/ buffers etc.

My question is, can it be easily be done on the newer camera or I just have to think about streaming the footage in a different way ?

Many thanks !