IP cameras for low light event recording

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm not overly knowledgeable with video and am hoping to get some advice.

I'm opening a bar that does live music and comedy shows. I would like to be able to record those shows for the entertainers, also live stream the shows, and be able to project the show into another room in the bar.

I feel like IP cameras would do the trick, I could just have a server grabbing the video streams on the lan and then pushing those to facebook or youtube for live streams and the projector grabbing a stream.

So here's the question part, what cameras should I get? I want minimum of 1080p, ideally to be able to set the exposure aperture and so on and not rely on some built in automatic settings, and be able to turn off (or not have) night vision/ infrared cuz that'll look bad.

Am I crazy? is this possible without breaking the bank?
any input is welcome
Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible, though audio is going to be more important than the video in this case, and the only way you're likely to get good audio is to hook directly into the sound system the performers use. IP camera audio is generally poor quality monaural and may not even be synchronized with the video very well.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That said, there's a Dahua Full Color starlight cam that might do okay. 1080p resolution. It won't come close to the quality of a professional video camera with decent lighting, but it would be relatively low maintenance if you just got it with a 6mm lens and pointed it at your stage or whatever. I can't begin to advise on how to set up good audio and get it synchronized and recorded with the video.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying!

I dont think audio will be a problem. I'll be getting it right from be soundboard.

Could you recomend some of those more professional options?
I had someone suggest some hand camcorders and DSLR's but I'm not sure how to push that to the streaming server.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, I really don't have any reason to own or work with professional recording equipment (beyond IP cameras).