IP Cameras not recording on DVR

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a Hikvision DVR 16 channel DS-7216HQHI-K2 running a few IP cameras that was working fine i.e the IP cameras were recording on the DVR.
As, I added another IP camera ALL my recording has stopped on the remaining IP cameras, even though I can view ALL the IP cameras.
I don't want to reset and reconfigure the whole DVR again, wondering what the issue is and how it can be fixed...

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would confirm you are not exceeding the capacity of the NVR. For kicks drop the FPS to 10 and the resolution to 2MP and see if it starts working. If it does, then you know you are exceeding the capacity of the NVR.

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the camera that I added, I can't drop the resolution to 2MP, it gives me a parameter error on the DVR.
The remaining analogue cameras are recording fine, its just the IP cameras that are not recording.
Any other suggestions...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the spec sheet, so ensure you are not exceeding the capacity:

1670509360722.png

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I removed the IP camera, I reverted back to my original camera configuration and the existing IP cameras are still not recording anything. It seems as adding the new IP camera has affected the configuration, in such a way that I may have to reset and start again. Unless anyone else has any suggestions ...

Last edited:

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For anyone who wants an update, I managed to resolve by deleting and readding the motion and events configuration for each IP camera. This fixed the issue of recording event and Motion detection for each camera