Ip Cams do not appear in SmartPSS

astroman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just loaded SmartPSS on a new Mac, and a new PC and both have the same problem. I added my Tribrid-DVR into devices and all of the CVI cameras in my system show up in the dvr, but the IP cameras do not.
The cameras do connect in the DVR, I can see the connection in "remote devices" and I see them on another computer running an earlier version of smartpss, but they do not show up as inputs to the dvr in smartpss. What setting am I missing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the IP cams plugged into a POE switch and are on the same subnet as the NVR's LAN?
Or do the IP cams plug into POE ports on the NVR and have their own private server and subnet?

astroman

n3wb
Reaction score
They are already connected to the dvr and are working correctly to it, I have an older pc running the software and they show there but not on the new setup. When connecting to the dvr in smartpss, I see the cameras in the dvr's device setup "remote devices" but they do not show in the dvr's camera setup or in liveview or playback. I hope that makes sense. it has been a while since I set up the last instance, I seem to remember having to do something to get them to show up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with SmartPSS ( I use Blue Iris VMS on a PC) and tried installing on my wife's Win 7 PC and for some reason it won't even open, so I can't really help much.

Assuming you've already looked on the "older pc running the software and they show there" for something you need to do on the Mac, I would think that somewhere the set up would look for the NVR's LAN and then channel numbers of each cam plugged into the NVR channels....but I dunno.

Maybe someone that actually uses SmartPSS (unlike me) that knows something about it (again, unlike me) will help you soon! :cool: