IP Conundrum with Blue Iris

ccssid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First the preliminaries.
Just upgraded my pc (Blue Iris machine) to an ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 LGA1700. Installed windows 11 on m.2 NVME ssd. No problems. My home network is set up with a 10Gps network. Problem: windows 11 has no drivers for my Intel x520 NIC. And, I am unable to clone my old pc ssd to the new machine.
So, I decide to add a second m.2 NVME ssd , install w10 and have a dual boot system. (could only accomplish this by enabling CSM, which was disabled by default). Can now use the x520 nic when booting into w10 and I could clone my old ssd to soon to be w10 NVME
Fast forward, got everything working, most importantly: Blue Iris.
Main network ip is 192.168.x.x. (x520 nic) All cameras on a second network with intel port on motherboard with ip of 10.10.x.x…no internet access. And, I set up the wireless on the new motherboard on the w10 side as well as the w11 side.
Now the new issue:

I set the w10 to the first boot device and boot into w10. I start up blue iris. I check my phone (wireless off) and I get remote access…all good.
Note: I use Zero Tier for remote access and set up with 172.25.xx.xx ip. in lieu of a vpn. Set up as per: .
In Blue Iris>settings>web server>local, internal (lan) access: dropdown shows ONLY the 192.168.xx.xx ip address, neither the 10.10.x.x nor 172.25.xx.x (Zero tier) ip’s show up. YET……I AM GETTING REMOTE ACCESS.
Can someone please explain why/how this is possible?
Fast forward, I tried disabling wifi on the w10 drive. I did a network reset. Neither worked. Still able to access remotely even though the dropdown had only the 192.168.x.x ip address.
What did work….I re-cloned my old hard drive to this drive and did not add any of the wifi drivers/setup etc. Now in the drop down I get the 3 network ip to choose from …ie: 172.26.xx.xx (zerotier).
What actually was going on and , if I did not re-clone, were my cameras indeed exposed to the internet if I continued to use the 192.168.x.x in the dropdown in Blue Iris?

ccssid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First the preliminaries.
Just upgraded my pc (Blue Iris machine) to an ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 LGA1700. Installed windows 11 on m.2 NVME ssd. No problems. My home network is set up with a 10Gps network. Problem: windows 11 has no drivers for my Intel x520 NIC. And, I am unable to clone my old pc ssd to the new machine.
So, I decide to add a second m.2 NVME ssd , install w10 and have a dual boot system. (could only accomplish this by enabling CSM, which was disabled by default). Can now use the x520 nic when booting into w10 and I could clone my old ssd to soon to be w10 NVME
Fast forward, got everything working, most importantly: Blue Iris.
Main network ip is 192.168.x.x. (x520 nic) All cameras on a second network with intel port on motherboard with ip of 10.10.x.x…no internet access. And, I set up the wireless on the new motherboard on the w10 side as well as the w11 side.
Now the new issue:

I set the w10 to the first boot device and boot into w10. I start up blue iris. I check my phone (wireless off) and I get remote access…all good.
Note: I use Zero Tier for remote access and set up with 172.25.xx.xx ip. in lieu of a vpn. Set up as per: .
In Blue Iris>settings>web server>local, internal (lan) access: dropdown shows ONLY the 192.168.xx.xx ip address, neither the 10.10.x.x nor 172.25.xx.x (Zero tier) ip’s show up. YET……I AM GETTING REMOTE ACCESS.
Can someone please explain why/how this is possible?
Fast forward, I tried disabling wifi on the w10 drive. I did a network reset. Neither worked. Still able to access remotely even though the dropdown had only the 192.168.x.x ip address.
What did work….I re-cloned my old hard drive to this drive and did not add any of the wifi drivers/setup etc. Now in the drop down I get the 3 network ip to choose from …ie: 172.26.xx.xx (zerotier).
What actually was going on and , if I did not re-clone, were my cameras indeed exposed to the internet if I continued to use the 192.168.x.x in the dropdown in Blue Iris?
For all of you wondering, I have solved the problem. It was necessary to completely uninstall and reinstall and reactivate Blue Iris, as the cloning mucked things up.