IP PTZ Camera No longer powering up

IrfaanD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have an IP Ptz Camera, Chinese brand: Anxinshi.

The camera is 12V and has 30x optical zoom. I installed it outside and for a year, it worked perfectly fine.

However, recently, the camera lost power for 2 days and got power again after. After 1 week, I got the same issue and it is now longer powering on.

There was some humidity inside on the lenses but no traces of water. I checked the power adapter with a multimeter and the power is 12V.

I am not sure what is the issue and if the camera was burnt, why would it power up as usual and then no longer power up after I tried powering on again, few minutes after.

Any advices will be much appreciated. Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

IrfaanD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi TonyR, that's exactly the same camera :) I am currently testing with a 12V 5A power adapter.

Do you think the camera is damaged? As it was working fine for a year. When I tested post the issue, the camera worked fine once but then stopped powering on when I tried again.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi TonyR, that's exactly the same camera :) I am currently testing with a 12V 5A power adapter.

Do you think the camera is damaged? As it was working fine for a year. When I tested post the issue, the camera worked fine once but then stopped powering on when I tried again.
If the camera was running for a time and warm then lost power for some time as you said and cooled off, it likely pulled in outside moisture, producing the condensation that you see on the lens. Depending on how much moisture is inside may be why the camera is not powering up or remaining powered up.

You won't know for sure until you open up the camera and inspect it. At that point you might as well perform the procedure as described in the post down at the bottom to try and dry out the interior of the camera, replace any desiccant bags (or dry them out in a dehydrator or place in uncooked rice for 24 hours) and re-assemble the camera then seal gaskets, pigtail entrance, etc.

NOTE: Before re-assembling the camera I would power it up INDOORS and insure it would remain operational for at least 24 hours before re-assembling and re-installing it outdoors.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrv

IrfaanD

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks, Tony. I have followed the mentioned steps and put it in rice. Will update you in 1 or 2 days.

I have also contacted the supplier and they mentioned that they will get back tomorrow.

If the camera was running for a time and warm then lost power for some time as you said and cooled off, it likely pulled in outside moisture, producing the condensation that you see on the lens. Depending on how much moisture is inside may be why the camera is not powering up or remaining powered up.

You won't know for sure until you open up the camera and inspect it. At that point you might as well perform the procedure as described in the post down at the bottom to try and dry out the interior of the camera, replace any desiccant bags (or dry them out in a dehydrator or place in uncooked rice for 24 hours) and re-assemble the camera then seal gaskets, pigtail entrance, etc.

NOTE: Before re-assembling the camera I would power it up INDOORS and insure it would remain operational for at least 24 hours before re-assembling and re-installing it outdoors.

IrfaanD

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks, Tony. I have followed the mentioned steps and put it in rice. Will update you in 1 or 2 days.

I have also contacted the supplier and they mentioned that they will get back tomorrow.
The manufacturer told me to measure the voltage inside the camera, whether it is 12V or not.

I measured and it is showing as 3.5V only.

Attachments

Reaction score
Is the manufacturer working with you to replace an electronic ckt board that has become inoperative? They seem to be doing more than some. Is the camera past the 18 mo warranty? I looked at the manufacturer and their prices are really low compared to some others and I sometimes wonder if an 18 mo warrenty vs 3 yr or even 5 -10 year waranty is why the camera is more cost effecient than other brands?

With BI and it's ability to use so many different cameras i can see the frugality I along with others must use sometimes.

I'd like to know how this shakes out. Good luck!

MTL4

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, those connectors are really small to be carrying 5 amps at 12v. You can see the PCB markings showing that it burned on the power side. You may need to do a bit of DIY engineering to make it reliable.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Without knowing your power setup you may try a 12 adaptor with a higher amperage rating as close to the camera as possible.
What do you have to say about this, bot?

IrfaanD

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the manufacturer working with you to replace an electronic ckt board that has become inoperative? They seem to be doing more than some. Is the camera past the 18 mo warranty? I looked at the manufacturer and their prices are really low compared to some others and I sometimes wonder if an 18 mo warrenty vs 3 yr or even 5 -10 year waranty is why the camera is more cost effecient than other brands?

With BI and it's ability to use so many different cameras i can see the frugality I along with others must use sometimes.

I'd like to know how this shakes out. Good luck!
Yes, the manufacturer worked with me closely to identify the issue and had their engineer inspect the boards remotely. I was indeed very impressed by their after sales service.

I doubt the camera was still under warranty but they agreed to sell a replacement board and cable to me for cheap. Today, I received the parts and the camera is now working fine.