ip2m-841ew alternative

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
May 19, 2018
usa
Guys - I have 4 of these at home (all wired ethernet) and they've worked great with Blue Iris. Need to add one more and wondering if I should go for the same or if it's there an alternate model I should look into to tie into blue iris. This new one will sit in the garage and 1080p is sufficient since I only have 8gb storage for all cameras and currently get about 10 days of retention

thanks

Last edited:
@MTL4 is going through the same process right now. I'd go with another "E" suffix version like you have now for POE, maybe they have them on Amcrest as mentioned in the posts below:

Not what you asked for but ...:

Three years ago I replaced my no longer supported Hootoo Cams with three Amcrest IP2M-841-V3. I use the Onvier App for occasional live view and ftp clips to the NAS when motion is detected.
Retrieving the clips is cumbersome and takes time.
Then on Amazon Prime day I gave Blink a try ... and meanwhile I have 2 Blink Outdoor and two Mini 2 running. I found them cheap, easy to control and access to the clips ist comfortable and fast.
The 3 Amcrest cams are now just running for redundancy.

The Blink implementaion is far more handy and user friendly, I love it. Only drawback ist the 100€/year I have to pay for the cloud (Blink Plus Plan).

• Wow
Reactions: looney2ns
Not what you asked for but ...:
True...I could be mistaken, but I think the OP wants to be able to stream RTSP to Blue Iris; maybe not right now but possibly in the future. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: looney2ns