IPC-Color4K-B180 broke?

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey wonderful IP camera community,

Thanks to this place, I've been able to install a nice 7 camera setup which has worked great up until now...

One of my cameras started acting up a long time ago. It was just over a year old when it started. In the Blue Iris 'live video screen, this camera would not show up like the other ones did. I forgot what error message BI had (Camera3 not available?). Anyway I restarted it, checked the options, etc and nothing worked. I gave up and checked it another day and it was working again. Checked it again a few weeks later and it was offline again but if it I checked it again a few days later, it would be online again...

Anyway this went on for a while (on a few days, off a few days) for finally going offline permenantly. Something else that was strange is at night the camera's light would still come in when it got dark, but again it wouldnt show up in BI. I've disconnected and have it plugged into a different computer trying to reset it but I don't seem to be doing it right. I've also downloaded Dahua's config tool even though I bought this from Empiretech and have been talking to Andy. After trying to reset it I used 192.168.1.108 but I got nothing. I also used the original ip address that I assigned it. Nothing. I can't even tell if it's on or not. Its plugged into my desktop's ethernet port. The desktop is connected to the Wifi if that matters.

Basically guys im trying to figure if this thing is toast. I've never uploaded new firmware so I don't know what happened.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With it plugged into your desktop internet port, how is the camera being powered? The desktop will not power the camera and you need either a 12VDC power cable or connect the camera to a POE port and then the desktop.

With the light coming on the camera outside but not showing up in BI, that is probably a BI issue as opposed to camera issue.

What is your network topology like - can you draw that out.

What version of BI are you on? That was an update some time back that was messing up IP address and what not, so I am wondering if that is the issue.

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Shows you what I know. Thank you. I plugged my POE switch into my desktop (not my normal camera security computer) and plugged the broken? camera into one of the slots on the POE switch. The port's green indicator came on. I ran the Dahua config tool and it said it was unitialized so ran through the prompt to get it initialized. Anyway I clicked on 'web' (you can see in the picture) and it opened up my browser but the page just times out. Not sure what else to do? You can see that it has version 3.0 firmware. I've never upgraded the camera. It used to work fine until it stopped working.

Attachments

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still hoping to get this resolved. I was playing around in Dahua's config tool and changed the default address from 192.168.1.108 to 192.168.1.50. It still shows the address with a '37777' extension. I plugged the camera back in to the computer that has Blue Iris on it and changed the camera settings to reflect the new ip address (192.168.1.50). Didn't know about the 37777 part. Also one last thing, the white led light on the camera came on when it was plugged in. When I first set up the camera, I made it turn on the light in low light conditions.

The camera is in a dark corner which is why it turned on. Basically the camera still works but I don't know why it stopped working with BI initially. Just recapping here. I've factory reset it and then initiallized it using Dahua's Config tool. Not sure what to do next.

Attachments

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Did config tool give a green checkmark after changing the IP address? It's easy to miss changing the password in config tool, leading to the IP not changing. Do you know how to ping the camera to verify its IP address?

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It did not. The online Youtube video mentioned something about it but I missed it. In my picture, you can see that the new ip address is 192.168.1.50 (it was the default one 192.168.1.108) but it still has this weird 37777 added to the end. I don't know how to ping the camera but I will try to google that.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And are you using IE or Edge in IE mode or even Pale Moon 32 as your browser? If not, Do.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The hardest part about pinging is bringing up the command prompt.
Then type "ping <ip address>" Example:

ping 192.168.1.108

It will then tell you if there was a reply from the device or not. The easiest way to tell if there is anybody home at the specified address.