IPC-Color4K-X ip address reset

Reaction score
I purchased an IPC-Color4K-X camera from Empire Tech. When I installed it and initialized it with the Config Tool it was automatically assigned an IP address that was already in use by anotherf camera on my network. I have not been successful modifying the IP address because Config Tool complains about passwork error. I was able to assign a password but I don't get any opportunity to log in to the new camera. It immediately shows up in the device list with the conflicting IP and interferrer with the other camera.

Is there a way to reset the camera's passwork of modify the IP address?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this. It should not be this hard!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the IP address of the other device?

If it is 192.168.1.108 you would be better off to get that camera off the default IP address. It makes life easier as you expand your camera collection.

If it is different, then do a factory reset of the new camera and start over.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I would love to changer the addrerss on both cameras. Config tool will not allow me to change the new one for some unknown reason (password error?). I will try changing the address on the existing camera but I don't want to end up with two inoperable cameras.

The new camera is mounted in a location that is difficult to access. Is there a way to factory reset without removing the cover?

Thanks again.

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could do it from IP tools but if that seems to be giving you issues then you would want to log in to the WebUI of the camera, go to setup, then system and default. Now it really depends on the camera and Firmware that is installed. As the picture shows here for one of my Dahua cameras, Second option would reset everything. First option wouldn't help as it would retain the IP setup of the camera..

1 last thing to look at. If you happen to setup a IP static rule in your router you want to make sure there isn't 2 mac addresses with same IP. Not something that can be done normally but I have seen stranger things..

With your camera coming from Empire Tech not sure how much of the Firmware has changed but most of my Dahua type cameras are able to be reset over IP Tools and WebUI.. Screenshot (2092).png

Reaction score
Thanks all. This issue is resolved. I was able to change the x.x.x.108 address of the existing Amcrest camera using the web interface. I was unaware that .108 is a default for new cameras. Once that was done I was able to set up the new camera using the web UI and Blue Iris.

IPC-Color4K-X looks awsome. In the attached image the pool starts 8 ft from the camera and is 36 ft long. At 9:45 pm and no moon.

Attachments

Last edited: