IPC-HDBW4231F-AS IR not working

Apeezee

n3wb
Reaction score
Default settings. SmartIR is on. Profile set to full time day. All i get is black. I can hear the click when the lights go off you can see it switch because it goes into black and white but then there is just nothing. What am i missing?

View attachment Wyatt.20191016_173832_1.mp4

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, the ICR filter physically moving is usually what that 'click' sound is, so it sounds like the camera is trying to turn on the IR. I know you've got the camera profile set to "full time day", but could you check the Night profile settings and make sure that IR there is also set to SmartIR?

If it is, my next step would probably be to make sure the camera's on the latest firmware version (in Andy's vendor forum), then try resetting back to factory. If still no go, I'd see if there's anything unplugged inside of the camera. That's pretty rare but has happened before.

Apeezee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm, the ICR filter physically moving is usually what that 'click' sound is, so it sounds like the camera is trying to turn on the IR. I know you've got the camera profile set to "full time day", but could you check the Night profile settings and make sure that IR there is also set to SmartIR?

If it is, my next step would probably be to make sure the camera's on the latest firmware version (in Andy's vendor forum), then try resetting back to factory. If still no go, I'd see if there's anything unplugged inside of the camera. That's pretty rare but has happened before.
I reset the settings back to default and that didn’t work either. All profiles are set to SmartIR.

I’ll try the firmware update I guess. Frustrating.

I am correct in assuming that the distance in this room should be an issue for the IR correct?

Apeezee

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, did the firmware update and after that i also cycled it through a FACTORY default setting and reset only changing IP settings and it's STILL not working.

Its not a super convenient option to remove the camera to inspect the physical internals, is that my only option at this point?

It says in the specs that the IR should reach about 20 meters so i can't imagine that it is struggling to give ANY picture at all.

Very frustrating.