IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual cam latest firmware

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @EMPIRETECANDY ,
Can you post the latest firmware for this cam IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Cam? I have version V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813 on it and look for the latest firmware version.
Thanks

eddyg

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received my first order from @EMPIRETECANDY with one of these cameras (I'm replacing an older outdoor camera in a corner location that could benefit from additional coverage, so this seemed like a nice replace-and-go solution).

The problem appears to be that the ONVIF auto-configuration endpoint (.../onvif/device_service/) which is used by DW Spectrum IPVMS (and probably any other ONVIF-compliant VMS) is returning the same RTSP URL for both the primary and secondary streams for channel=1 (notice subtype=0 in both cases):
Code:
streamUrls|{
    "1": "rtsp:/camera-name:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif",
    "2": "rtsp:/camera-name:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif"
}
This is a problem for me because DW Spectrum uses the low-res secondary stream for motion detection. Interestingly enough, the RTSP URLs for channel=2 are correct and motion detection for that camera works fine.

I checked the DW Spectrum compatibility list (here's a snapshot so you don't have to manually search):
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 10.21.40.png
and there is only one firmware listed in the "firmware popularity" data (seen at the bottom of the image):

2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date 2018-08-13​

But the camera I just received has a very slightly newer version:

Software Version: 2.622.0000000.32.R, Build Date: 2019-08-27​
WEB Version: V3.2.1.780670​
ONVIF Version: 16.12 (V2.4.3.574996)​

Andy, is there any way to find out if Dahua has a newer update that fixes the ONVIF device_service so the secondary stream is properly identified for channel 1?

Campbell

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't totally understand the arrangement/differences between DW Spectrum and NX Witness (I run the later, but DW Spectrum seems to be the same product but maybe with some extra features?) but there was a specific issue fixed in v4 of NX Witness that I believe worked around this Dahua "quirk". I found this out as I had this exact issue happen after upgrading to v4 of NX Witness and finding this problem. So it's possible that same fix may come to DW Spectrum after some time? The issue is indeed a Dahua one, but complete ONVIF compliance doesn't seem to be high on some vendor's lists.

If you raise a ticket with DW, perhaps you can tell them this issue was worked around in v4 build 29987 of NX Witness.

1577148239514.png

rch7953

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received my first order from @EMPIRETECANDY with one of these cameras (I'm replacing an older outdoor camera in a corner location that could benefit from additional coverage, so this seemed like a nice replace-and-go solution).

The problem appears to be that the ONVIF auto-configuration endpoint (.../onvif/device_service/) which is used by DW Spectrum IPVMS (and probably any other ONVIF-compliant VMS) is returning the same RTSP URL for both the primary and secondary streams for channel=1 (notice subtype=0 in both cases):
Code:
streamUrls|{
    "1": "rtsp:/camera-name:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif",
    "2": "rtsp:/camera-name:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif"
}
This is a problem for me because DW Spectrum uses the low-res secondary stream for motion detection. Interestingly enough, the RTSP URLs for channel=2 are correct and motion detection for that camera works fine.

I checked the DW Spectrum compatibility list (here's a snapshot so you don't have to manually search):
View attachment 52713
and there is only one firmware listed in the "firmware popularity" data (seen at the bottom of the image):

2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date 2018-08-13​

But the camera I just received has a very slightly newer version:

Software Version: 2.622.0000000.32.R, Build Date: 2019-08-27​
WEB Version: V3.2.1.780670​
ONVIF Version: 16.12 (V2.4.3.574996)​

Andy, is there any way to find out if Dahua has a newer update that fixes the ONVIF device_service so the secondary stream is properly identified for channel 1?
man good catch. that's something I can start looking at now. I also have same issue.

rch7953

n3wb
Reaction score
well, just found something out. in expert settings, I have to click 'keep camera stream and profile settings'.

reboot camera. then the streams are different numbers. now my cameras are recording motion detection again.

I owe you a beer.