IPC-HDW2100 : Email notification when the camera switches to night<>day

Corby59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
first of all , sorry for my english which is not very good, i am in france.
I have a Dahua IPC-HDW2100 camera, everything works fine but when the camera switches from day to night or from night to day, I get 2 or 2 email notifications.
I would like to know if a function existed to not be alerted during this switching.

Regards

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not really as it is sensing the camera going from color to B/W and vice versa as motion.

You would need to run it thru a VMS or NVR to knock that out with advanced features.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
first of all , sorry for my english which is not very good, i am in france.
I have a Dahua IPC-HDW2100 camera, everything works fine but when the camera switches from day to night or from night to day, I get 2 or 2 email notifications.
I would like to know if a function existed to not be alerted during this switching.

Regards
Is it possible to use a "delay" period, possibly also called "anti-dither", in your motion detection settings so that maybe the cam will ignore what it "sees" during that night-to-day and day-to-night transition?

Corby59

n3wb
Reaction score
Not really as it is sensing the camera going from color to B/W and vice versa as motion.

You would need to run it thru a VMS or NVR to knock that out with advanced features.
Hum, ok, i have a Synology NAS for stockage.
Thank you for your answer.

Corby59

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a "delay" period, possibly also called "anti-dither", in your motion detection settings so that maybe the cam will ignore what it "sees" during that night-to-day and day-to-night transition?
the "anti-dither" parameter, is general to every settings.
I think it's not possible to setup the "anti-dither" only for the transition day>night and night>day.