IPC-HDW5231-Z downloding firmware and timed out? How hard to fix??

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-HDW5231-Z downloding firmware and timed out? Is there a easy way to fix the camera? Not sure why it timed out and it is the right firmware as I updated another one just a few min prior to this one timing out..

Appreciate any help at this point just hope to be able to recover it...

Thanks
Jet

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is recommended to download firmware and perform the update while the camera is off-line (disconnected from the Internet).

Hit the link in my signature wherein you will find instructions for initial set up, best practices, and FTP recovery instructions should you need it.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where are you located? As in are you in the United States? Willing to help me out if I shipped the camera, would pay for it ...

I was connect directly to the NVR and using the config tool to update the firmware on the camera and it timed out. I had just updated all my other cameras and including one that was the same model as this one and not a problem at all.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where are you located? As in are you in the United States? Willing to help me out if I shipped the camera, would pay for it ...

I was connect directly to the NVR and using the config tool to update the firmware on the camera and it timed out. I had just updated all my other cameras and including one that was the same model as this one and not a problem at all.
I am in the USA, but I am not the right person to help you. I know enough to be dangerous, and can follow instructions, which is why I collected them in that document. :facepalm: I would suggest since you updated all the other cameras, that one that failed might be defective. However, since you are willing to pull it down and ship it out, why not try connecting directly to your computer, as noted in the instructions in the link in my signature? You might be able to resolve it yourself that way.

I hope this helps.

Mark

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hear ya and will probably just order a new one to replace it with and try and get it back to working. I already replaced it as I had another one like it that had not been installed.

Hope that I can get it working again, if not it give me reason to buy a couple new ones...

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting it ? Take it apart and hold in the reset button while applying power for about 15 seconds.

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes and going to try it again later this week and see if that will do it and if not the other reset through my computer

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you do, maybe hold the button in longer. They say 10 seconds, but I had one that wouldn't reset till I held it in for about 30 seconds. If it won't reset you're probably out of luck.