IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 Change Zoom

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read a bunch on here but still cannot find a definitive answer so hopefully somebody or Fenderman will be along to provide some insight

Is it possible for this camera to change zoom based on say an activity such as a motion detection or line crossing event? I originally thought this was not possible then started reading some posts regarding auto focus issues and a poster referred to zoom and zones so now I am unsure. I currently have mine set at set zoom level and although it is great it would be awesome if it could change zoom.

On a side note I am running mine if an alternative day mode at night as the image is superb

non zoomed

Zoomed in

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That camera is not a PTZ so no its not designed to zoom based on motion by itself. The zoom adjustment is simply a manual tool for use in refining the focus to a desired area you wish to capture video. This is one of the benefits of a vari-focal camera such as the 5231 series.

That said, I suppose its possible for someone with superman code skillz to make it do that, but Ive never heard of such a thing.