IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E available?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
Looking for the IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E, US version NTSC. Do you have any available to ship? Lead time & price?

Thanks!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
He has two available on his web site. I am getting ready to order one of them tomorrow night . Fair warning. :D

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did see the PAL version available, but not NTSC.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did see the PAL version available, but not NTSC.
That’s normal. The hardware is the same, it’s the firmware that determines PAL or NTSC. With the newest firmware on certain models you can switch between NTSC/PAL by changing a setting. Worst case is you load a different firmware to switch between NTSC/PAL.

Since the video is all digital, the camera should work fine anywhere regardless of if it’s running PAL or NTSC, but you can change it as you want. I’m in the US and all of my cameras are running PAL. The only diff I’ve noticed is that faster frame rates for PAL are in multiples of 25 whereas NTSC is in multiples of 30. I run most of my cameras at 15 FPS so that’s not a factor.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got it, makes sense since PAL & NTSC refers to analog video & not digital. Will send a message to Andy.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered another one of these cameras from Andy and I see it is at the Hong Kong DHL sorting center. Problem is that the anti-government protest has shut down the Hong Kong airport. Looks like a delay in getting my camera. Oh well.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
My camera made it out of Hong Kong OK. Maybe one of the last flights at the time. Ordered the camera on a Saturday and received it on a Tuesday. The camera is working great for LPR. I need to order one more but I will wait for things to settle down in Hong Kong.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know they closed the passenger terminal, .. wasn't sure if that would affect freight flights.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks like the Hong Kong airport is open for business so I just order my final IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E camera today. The four of them will cover the streets on my 4 way intersection. I am really pleased with the way the other 3 have turned out.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera came in today and I have mounted it. Now I can see the front and back of all the vehicles going by my house. Some of the vehicles only have a rear plate, then there are some I cannot read at all front or rear. I would say I am able to read the vast majority of the plates. I am going to do a little fine tuning on one of the cameras to see if I can improve that one.

Armin773

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like the Hong Kong airport is open for business so I just order my final IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E camera today. The four of them will cover the streets on my 4 way intersection. I am really pleased with the way the other 3 have turned out.
Would you mind posting a link to his website?