IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E License Plate Not Clear?

rhwd2003

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I will start tweaking the NR settings and too much Gain/Gamma/brightness/ExpComp/Iris with a plate infront of the camera and see what happens!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont really think that TOO MUCH light is the issue I just put that there as an alternative possibility.

DNR isnt the problem you're seeing right now, we both just called it out as we know with it that high it will create blur once you CAN see the plate

Look at my settings and get close and then see. I really dont think most settings are the issue though. I think its lack of IR on target maybe dealing with your schedule setup. Can you walk outside after dark and see if you can see the red LED's?

JudasFeast

n3wb
Reaction score
I think bigredfish is talking sense. I looked at the pics and my first thought was not enough IR. You've got them set to manual/100% so they should be at max. Maybe even set IR to auto and try it or go to auto, save, then back to manual and see if that fixes it. Actually putting eyeballs on the cam to see if the lights are on is a great check though. You might even have bird crap on them or something.