IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E-S2 dropping connectivity

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bit of a strange problem.

I have 2 IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E-S2 cameras. 1 drops signal in Blueiris (but shows video when connecting to the cam directly) - the other never drops signal.

BOTH cams are set up exactly the same way, same bios, firmware, same system, same settings, same everything. (other than camera name, number and IP of course)
BOTH cams have exactly same cat6 cable at exact same length, etc.
I have switched the cables to plug CamA into CamB's cable and B into A, and the same Camera still drops (so I know it's not the cable, connection, port, switch, distance, etc).

But BOTH cams have exactly the same settings both on the camera and in blue iris. (other than camera name, number and IP of course)

Yet 1 in particular, drops signal every couple of days no matter what. always the same camera. (both were bought new at same time, from same vendor (the camera guy on this forum).

Any ideas / thoughts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it actually dropping signal like no image or is it BI throwing out No Signal errors but you still have the image?

Is the problem camera used for LPR and No signal only at night? If so go into watchdog and uncheck the monochrome box.

How close to capacity are you on the POE switch? Even though they are identical cameras, we have seen people before where two identical cameras were pulling about 3 watts difference between the two and that was enough for it to drop on a close to capacity switch. He did same thing and moved cameras and cables and still same camera.

Are these the new GUI cams (white GUI) and if so did you do a factory reset before you set them up? We have seen many people with the new GUI and BI have issues like this that didn't do a factory reset first and that solved it.

Make sure you are not using self-adaptive because depending on the scene, the FPS drops a lot and BI takes that as a no signal.

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it actually dropping signal like no image or is it BI throwing out No Signal errors but you still have the image?

Is the problem camera used for LPR and No signal only at night? If so go into watchdog and uncheck the monochrome box.

How close to capacity are you on the POE switch? Even though they are identical cameras, we have seen people before where two identical cameras were pulling about 3 watts difference between the two and that was enough for it to drop on a close to capacity switch. He did same thing and moved cameras and cables and still same camera.

Are these the new GUI cams (white GUI) and if so did you do a factory reset before you set them up? We have seen many people with the new GUI and BI have issues like this that didn't do a factory reset first and that solved it.

Make sure you are not using self-adaptive because depending on the scene, the FPS drops a lot and BI takes that as a no signal.
it is used for LPR - day or night. it will work fine for 1-3 days or so and then for no reason will change to "no signal" in BI and will stay that way until I Disable/Enable the cam.

The POE switch has plenty of capacity left, and like I said, even if I switch the 2 cams ethernet cables around, the problem doesn't follow the plugin, it follows the specific camera. (no matter what cable it's plugged into, same behavior of that specific camera.

It is the new cams that I got a while back with your suggestion. I can't remember if I did a factory reset on it or not, though I think I did... either way it would have been set up exactly the same as the other one was since I did both of them at the same time. So either both were factory reset, or neither one was, and the other cam has never had a problem.

I'll look at the self adaptive setting - where can I find that? Is that on the same or in BI ?

Thanks for your help Wittaj