IPC-K42A Substream blurry / fuzzy

24c

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've just installed a IPC-K42A (IMOU Cube POE 4MP) to replace an older IPC-C15 as the IR illuminator had failed on it. Anyway, installation went fine and it successfully connected to the NVR and is working mostly as expected. All settings (other than operational stuff like network etc) are at default. When I view the mainstream, the picture is perfect. When I view the Substream however, the picture is very blurry / fuzzy. The substream is set to VGA, H.264, 25FPS, BRC_CBR with a 512Kbps stream. I know the Substream is not as good as the mainstream, but it is significantly more blurry/fuzzy than all the other cameras when being viewed via SmartPSS (including the IPC-C15 it replaced) that are also using Substream with the same or similar settings. I tried changing the encoding and bit rate on the Substream, but no improvement.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this camera and had noticed the same thing, and/or if anyone had any suggestions on anything I might try to sharpen it up. It's just seems really weird that this new camera that provides an awesome quality Mainstream, provides a such a poor Substream, using settings that other cameras are using to provide decent quality substreams.

Not the end of the world, but annoying when viewed beside the other cams.

Cheers,