IPC-T2431T-AS Corridor View resolution drops

Frank

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently moved one of my IPC-T2431T-AS to a long hallway and after some research turned it 90% in the camera settings, but now I have to use 2560x1440 instead of the 2688x1520 otherwise the image craps out. Is there a better suited camera for a hallway I can use? this is a 5 feet wide and about 30 feet long outdoor hall. On a side note I'm running BI as NVR.

1610991544297.png
1610991596388.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it crap out from within the camera GUI or in Blue Iris? If Blue Iris, after you change the resolution, do a restart camera and see if that fixes it.

If it is in both locations, I would recommend first a reboot of the camera and then if that doesn't work, try a factory reset.

It should work flipping it, so maybe there is a bug that a reset would fix.

If not, maybe pull the camera from the current location and try with another cable. Perhaps there is an issue at the new location.

Frank

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I reset with Andy's custom firmware and not brick it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you bought it from Andy then yes. Otherwise you are taking a chance that it was a hacked camera and it may brick.

But the factory reset will keep whatever firmware version you are currently running. So if you updated it in the past, that will be what it boots up on.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
+1 on the 'restart cam in BI after rotating or changing resolution'. that's a given.

that said, i've seen some cams that automatically lower the rez when you turn the image on the cam. (apparently not enuf processing horsepower onboard to do that) in that case, you can use BI to rotate the full-rez image instead. it does use more CPU on BI for that cam, and you may need to use BI's overlays' rather than the cam's, but it can be done...

Last edited:

Frank

n3wb
Reaction score
I restarted the camera and BI services, interestingly it didn't do anything on the camera browser settings but it did fix BI. I just set it to default rotation on the camera settings and turned it at 90 on the BI settings.

PS- I tried the same settings on my other camera (same model) and the same issue happens, any recommendations for a good outdoor hallway camera?

Last edited: