IPC-T5442T-ZE how do I change the ONVIF admin password?

pjdevries

n3wb
Reaction score
After some other struggles, having to hardware reset my IPC-T5442T-ZE, I now face a new challenge: change the ONVIF admin password. I tried every possiibility I could think of, but the Web GUI won't let me change it. I did manage to change the regular admin user password. I also managed to add a new ONVIF user. However, when trying to changed the ONVIF admin password, for some reason the "Old password" does not seem to be accepted.

Is there anybody out there who is familiar with this problem and also has solution?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The onvif password have to use onvif tool to change the password, the HARD reset on the camera. just change the web access password to the camera.

pjdevries

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I did as you suggested. First a hard reset. I then first tried the ODM (Onvif Device Manager) but it could not find the camera yet. So I ran the default setup procedure using the Web GUI, which asks me for a admin password. After ths setup I tried the ODM again, using the default admin/admin credentials. Unfortunately I still get the same error. Both in ODM and in the Web GUI.

Did I still do something wrong? If not, do you have any other suggestions?