IR Filter and how to activate it without and/or with an IR board

kuy

n3wb
Reaction score
OH Joy! I bought some no no name 720p IP raw camera boards from **** (without the IR boards) no manual no spec sheet no nothing, I would like to use them without the IR boards as the area is already covered with plenty IR, (too much is worse than too little) but I dono how to activate the filters without use of a proper board. ??

Second question- in fact I did buy one IR board which also came without wiring and I'm not sure how to hook up the filter trigger wire, in addition to the power connector it has a smaller 2 conductor socket for this purpose of which only one (the+) conductor is sometimes used, easy enough. The cam however has a 3 pin unused socket and I have no clue which one ....(or two) pins to use and there is no + or other marking on it. Seller said he would try to advise but stalled long enough to avoid any possible neg feedback then does not reply- surprise surprise. I plan to solder the wire rather than waste time trying to find the right harness and then wait yet another two months to see if it actually comes. Anyone know for SURE how to ID the pins so I can hook them up ???

Thanks.