IR switch through ptz threshold setting

Reaction score
Greetings

Just got a Foscam HT2 for my carport/entryway. I have smart bulbs outside that stay in a dim color when the house is "idle", and turn white when a radar sensor is triggered. My problem is that that the brightness of the bulbs when in "idle" state are right at the threshold of brightness where the camera auto changes to IR, and it will get stuck in a loop and go back and forth forever. This is giving me a lot of false human presence alerts.

I've already changed the camera settings to allow blue iris to strictly control the IR only. I'm wondering if there's a setting in BI that will let me adjust this threshold, right now the cam is set on day mode all the time, which is fine unless the lights are completely turned off for some reason. Then the cam can't see.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible instead to control the brightness of your smart bulbs and if so, could that help your issue?

I have a TP-LINK Kasa Wi-Fi bulb outdoors that comes on a dusk to a certain color and by schedule changes color for a specified time (green=military supporter, blue= LEO supporter) and it switches off at dawn, the level of brightness can also be scheduled.

Last edited: