Is it normal for the HFW5241E-Z12E lens to shift left to right occasionally?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Been using this camera for LPR and noticed that occasionally the lens shifts left to right occasionally. Is this part of the fix for the auto-focus issue? Or is this the auto-focus issue some here have reported?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect it is simply the camera catching on the higher or lower end tolerance of the zoom/focus number as it cycles through the change.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope that is the case, surprised I'm not hearing anyone else reporting about this

I suspect it is simply the camera catching on the higher or lower end tolerance of the zoom/focus number as it cycles through the change.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless is an obvious shift that looks more like someone moved the camera than a tolerance of the movement, as long as the plates can still be read, most probably don't spend much time looking at the tightly zoomed in plate images as much as they do looking at other cameras.

In my case, my LPR camera one morning displayed out of focus My one LPR cam over the years has "swayed" from the original numbers, meaning that if zoom/focus were 900/1260 initially, over time it is like the components have stretched out from use and I had to change the numbers to 905/1267.