Is it possible to send PTZ commands via HTML?

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using the PTZ controls for one of my cameras to control a usb relay board via BlueIris (BI). It is based on this youtube vid with a simple wrapper that parses the BI commands and replaces them with the MyRelayControl (MRC) commands that another poster helped me with some time ago. Basically, the BI command "Preset, 1, call" is replaced with MRC command "R1 on 0."

Now, I'm hoping to be able to control the relays from a locally hosted webpage (on my synology ds) since this page controls all of my other lights. I need to either be able to directly access the exe MRC, or be able to mimic BI PTZ commands causing BI to trigger the MRCWrapper I am using.

The wrapper works in BI by setting the PTZ external script to the MRC in the camera properties.

I don't know of a way to run exe files on a computer that is not hosting the website, but that is on the same LAN. (BI is running from a MS Surface and the website is hosted on my NAS.) I'm wondering if there is a way to mimic a BI web server login and sending a ptz command that BI will recognize as being sent to a specific camera and react to it much like it would if I were sending it from my iOS app or the BI web portal?

[I am aware of the inherent security risks of the previous paragraph. The website can only be accessed from my LAN. There is no internet access.]

Any thoughts will be appreciated. To be fair, I am a noob in way over my head on this one.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what camera do you have? it may just be easier to tell the camera directly.

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
what camera do you have? it may just be easier to tell the camera directly.
I'm not actually trying to control a camera. Rather, the wrapper takes advantage of the bi interface to control a four channel relay. It is actually linked to a camera that does not have ptz ability. This way I can use the bi ptz interface to turn on/off the relays.

My goal is less about bi and more about trying to control a usb relay via a website. It is my thought that I can use the existing bi protocol to do the work for me if there is a way to emulate a web server login and ptz command from a non-bi website.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and? if BI can control the PTZ output to turn on/off relays.. no reason why you cant just do it directly the same way BI does..

if its a Dahua or Hikvision then all the PTZ commands are controllable via HTTP API and they are documented

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My PTZs can be controlled via HTTP API. I asked seller for the document and ka-bang - Sorted.

It's a no-brand but bought locally.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a way to mimic a BI web server login and sending a ptz command that BI will recognize as being sent to a specific camera and react to it much like it would if I were sending it from my iOS app or the BI web portal?
See the Blue Iris Help file, "The Web Server" section, about 5 lines from the bottom of the document.