Is my NVR got hacked?! Trying to reset password.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, after 2 years by never log in into my NVR 4208-4KSK, today i tried to do it and i can't login with my admin user it say LOGIN FAILED, if i try to change the username it say INVALID USER NAME OR PASSWORD. My admin credentials are ok because i wrote them on a piece of paper.
I opened the cover of my NVR to look for a reset button, but there is no button. I also can't remove the battery from the motherboard, it seems to be welded. I tried some software like Configtool or other softwares that generate master passwords. Configtool say that my password reset has been disabled.
I can only access with gDMMS with a normal account that i made just to look live cameras on my smartphone (i can access it also using Chrome with the nvr IP).

What can i do to reset my admin password? Or reset completely my NVR?

Thank you.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try to contact tech support. They should be able to give you a temp password to log in with. I'm not sure if Dahua does this but I am pretty sure they can. I lost a pass word for a UNV camera the other day. I also had the password wrote down on a piece of paper I wrote it down wrong! when you contact them have the serial number handy. I am sure they can help you out. Lost passwords are really common.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try to contact tech support. They should be able to give you a temp password to log in with. I'm not sure if Dahua does this but I am pretty sure they can. I lost a pass word for a UNV camera the other day. I also had the password wrote down on a piece of paper I wrote it down wrong! when you contact them have the serial number handy. I am sure they can help you out. Lost passwords are really common.
Thank you, i didn't really lost my password because i have it write on a piece of paper, i just don't know why i can't access my NVR. If i try to log with my admin credentials and then my password, it say "LOGIN FAILED" and not "Invalid username or password", so i think something happend to my database or other things that i don't know ehhehe...