Is There a Plastic Film Covering Lens on DH-SD49225T-HN?

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've gotten half a dozen of these from Andy at Empire and have always removed the plastic protective film that covers the infrared illuminators. That one outside the lens periphery is pretty obvious.

I ran into a thread here warning a new Dahua PTZ owner to remove the plastic covering the LENS. I've never seen one on any of my PTZ lenses. I only see one over the IR surround. I've looked carefully and see any no hint of a protective plastic film on the lenses.

Am I missing a nearly invisible film or did that advice only apply to some other PTZ's? Is my eyesight that bad? My cameras have been getting great, clear images, but if someone tells me to they actually peeled off a near invisible protective film from the LENS from a DH-SD49225T-HN, I'll check again.

I am doubting myself only because I've been fooled in the past by a plastic film covering an expensive watch. Thought the casing was flawed and went back to the shop. Jeweler smiled as she peeled off the watch's protective film.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I've gotten half a dozen of these from Andy at Empire and have always removed the plastic protective film that covers the infrared illuminators. That one outside the lens periphery is pretty obvious.

I ran into a thread here warning a new Dahua PTZ owner to remove the plastic covering the LENS. I've never seen one on any of my PTZ lenses. I only see one over the IR surround. I've looked carefully and see any no hint of a protective plastic film on the lenses.

Am I missing a nearly invisible film or did that advice only apply to some other PTZ's? Is my eyesight that bad? My cameras have been getting great, clear images, but if someone tells me to they actually peeled off a near invisible protective film from the LENS from a DH-SD49225T-HN, I'll check again.

I am doubting myself only because I've been fooled in the past by a plastic film covering an expensive watch. Thought the casing was flawed and went back to the shop. Jeweler smiled as she peeled off the watch's protective film.
I believe there is only one on IR portion of the camera. I noticed this on my SD49225T-HN cameras as well as another Dahua PTZ model I have.