Is there a setting for how long "Reset Detector" takes?

JDfromDB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have searched the help files and threads and can't find an answer to this problem.
I have "Reset detector when - Object size exceeds" set to 67%, and this works fine when my motion detector lights come on. But if someone walks through the camera view right after the motion detector lights come on, it will not trigger an alert until about 10 seconds later which means that it can miss the motion altogether and not trigger an alert.

Is there a setting somewhere for how long the Object detection reset takes? Or is it better to just disable the Reset detector feature for areas with motion detector lights?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've found this often happens when an object enters an area with an occupancy sensor installed (lights come on automatically when you enter a room). I don't think there's a setting to shorten the detector reset time, but I'm sure we can ask the developer for that feature if it's feasible (I'll send a request). In the meantime, consider the location and determine which is most important for that site--resetting or capturing motion--or record continuously. Good topic!

Last edited:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ken replied with the following:

"It was 2 seconds for this ... next release will be 1 second. We will see how this goes, maybe need to make it variable. "

JDfromDB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ken replied with the following:

"It was 2 seconds for this ... next release will be 1 second. We will see how this goes, maybe need to make it variable. "
Thanks for the info. I take it that Ken is the BI developer?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I take it that Ken is the BI developer?
Yes, and as far as I know he does this by himself. Most of us keep that in mind when we reach out because he has a lot on his plate.