Is there a 'simple' live monitor?

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know I can open a browser and get to the web interface (live view, alerts, clips). But say I want to hang an android tablet on a wall in the house where everybody can see it, and only have a live view of a single camera, that I don't have to constantly log into. Or even have that view on my pc, and chromecast that view to the TV in the family room. Something like that. (I only have a single camera currently, with an HD and an SD stream; I'd want the HD camera stream). I still want the timeout of the remote web interface sessions though.

Is there a way to do something like this?

I can't seem to find this info; maybe I'm not sure what to search for. :)

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@JNDATHP, how are you seeing "only" the cameras in those screenshots, without the "rest" of the UI3 web page elements?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know I can open a browser and get to the web interface (live view, alerts, clips). But say I want to hang an android tablet on a wall in the house where everybody can see it, and only have a live view of a single camera, that I don't have to constantly log into. Or even have that view on my pc, and chromecast that view to the TV in the family room. Something like that. (I only have a single camera currently, with an HD and an SD stream; I'd want the HD camera stream). I still want the timeout of the remote web interface sessions though.

Is there a way to do something like this?

I can't seem to find this info; maybe I'm not sure what to search for. :)
Kindle fire tablets works just fine. Many options been posted here prior.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@JNDATHP, how are you seeing "only" the cameras in those screenshots, without the "rest" of the UI3 web page elements?
He's simply put the browser in full-screen mode. Maybe all he did was press the fullscreen button in the lower right of UI3. There is also a URL parameter to start UI3 in "maximized" format which hides the side and top control bars. Web pages like UI3 can't actually order the browser to enter full screen mode except in response to a button press, which is why there is no URL parameter for fullscreen.

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He's simply put the browser in full-screen mode. Maybe all he did was press the fullscreen button in the lower right of UI3. There is also a URL parameter to start UI3 in "maximized" format which hides the side and top control bars. Web pages like UI3 can't actually order the browser to enter full screen mode except in response to a button press, which is why there is no URL parameter for fullscreen.
Oh, very cool! Imagine a help file that actually helps...love it! :) And you can even specify the shortname of the camera. Cool; i'll be messing with this soon!

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use Kindle tablets and Fire TV's/Fire sticks to do what you're asking. They auto log-in with chrome and show whatever camera(s) I set their auto-login profile to. Could be a single cam or as many as I want. On my 55" FireTV I have 9 cams up and they are decent sized. My proof of concept has been a happy family with the setup - compared to using TinyCamPro before - so much that I've had way less pushback in "upgrading" (read spending money with Andy) the cameras since the family likes the final setup now!

Last edited:

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very cool; thanks for the help everybody!

I'm now using /ui3.htm?cam=01&maximize=1&tab=live in a seperate browser on the pc that's running BI, and casting that to the family room tv via chromecast. Works great, and we'll see what the family thinks of it when they wake up tomorrow. :)

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very cool; thanks for the help everybody!

I'm now using /ui3.htm?cam=01&maximize=1&tab=live in a seperate browser on the pc that's running BI, and casting that to the family room tv via chromecast. Works great, and we'll see what the family thinks of it when they wake up tomorrow. :)
Did they wake up and see the set up?

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ha! Well, they liked it, but then my PC crashed and I've been trying to get everything re-created. I finally think I have BI running stable again, this time on a vmware VM, and I'd completely forgotten about doing this. So...thanks for the reminder. :)