Is there a way to cycle cameras manually in the iOS App? (e.g. swipe left or swipe right)

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering is there a way to cycle cameras manually in the iOS App? I'm aware of the "hold to cycle" option which is working but instead of automatically cycling at a fixed time interval I'm hoping to manually control when it cycles to the next cam.

What I'm after is something similar to either the desktop function where if I'm in a group I can use the left or right keyboard when in full screen.

Similarly in UI3 if you hit a '.' within a fullscreen of a single camera within a group it will cycle to the next camera.

I was expecting a swipe right or swipe left would accomplish this but no luck.

Adam

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use it much but trying now mine seems to swipe left/right to next/previous cam. That assumes that I select a cam from the cameras section. Seems to show whatever cams are within the same group(s) for that cam? i.e., If i start with a cam that's assigned to an "outdoor" group I have defined, it doesn't show the indoor cams not within that group. For one cam not assigned to any groups, seems to show all. Selecting one within Groups seems to cycle among groups.

Reaction score
I don't use it much but trying now mine seems to swipe left/right to next/previous cam. That assumes that I select a cam from the cameras section. Seems to show whatever cams are within the same group(s) for that cam? i.e., If i start with a cam that's assigned to an "outdoor" group I have defined, it doesn't show the indoor cams not within that group. For one cam not assigned to any groups, seems to show all. Selecting one within Groups seems to cycle among groups.
When I select a camera from the cameras section swiping left/right doesn't do anything. Weird. I'm iOS 15.2 and iPhone 13 pro. You?

When I select a group within groups it does indeed cycle among groups when I swipe left/right. But not individual cameras for me.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Same. 13 Pro, 15.2. App v. 2.03.01. BI is a few versions back 5.5.2.5.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Likely something common to BI then I'd think.

Anything unusual about how you have groups set up?

Maybe take one cam out of any groups and see how it works when trying with it.

TimK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no groups defined and swiping L/R does nothing.. it used to advance to the next camera. Swiping up goes to alerts, down goes back to main page.

I sent a support email about it but have not heard anything... it's been a few weeks.

Reaction score
I have no groups defined and swiping L/R does nothing.. it used to advance to the next camera. Swiping up goes to alerts, down goes back to main page.

I sent a support email about it but have not heard anything... it's been a few weeks.
Tim - that's exactly the same behavior I'm experiencing.

Adam

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Isnt there an “All cameras” group that gets created by default? Is so, long press that group in the iOS app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Isnt there an “All cameras” group that gets created by default? Is so, long press that group in the iOS app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The issue isn't the "auto-cycle" that you get with the long press which still works. The issue is that you used to be able to manually cycle via swipe right/left and that doesn't seem to work anymore. At least for myself and Tim.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
The issue isn't the "auto-cycle" that you get with the long press which still works. The issue is that you used to be able to manually cycle via swipe right/left and that doesn't seem to work anymore. At least for myself and Tim.
Weird, I just tried it. If I select a cam to view and then swipe left it moves to the next cam. Swiping right then takes you back a cam. I'm on V2.03.01 and iOS V 15.1

Reaction score
Weird, I just tried it. If I select a cam to view and then swipe left it moves to the next cam. Swiping right then takes you back a cam. I'm on V2.03.01 and iOS V 15.1
That's exactly the bahavior I'm expecting but doesn't work with my setup. So I've either got something configured wrong or some combination of versions of iOS, BI, app, etc aren't working properly.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
As above, I'm running 15.2 and mine works fine. I am some versions back for BI.

Reaction score
As above, I'm running 15.2 and mine works fine. I am some versions back for BI.
I wanted to report back that I did a bit more debugging today and there must have been some sort of corruption with my groupings. I cleared all group information. Restarted server. And then am now able to swipe again. Both within the all cameras view or among cameras within a (now recreated) group.