Is there a way to schedule daily camera restart?

rcx664

n3wb
Reaction score
One of my cameras routinely freezes and needs a soft restart on BlueIris (right click, restart camera). Is there a way to schedule this to happen daily?

Thank you

AzN_NiNjA01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of my cameras routinely freezes and needs a soft restart on BlueIris (right click, restart camera). Is there a way to schedule this to happen daily?

Thank you
I think I have seen auto restart schedule in my Dahua N85DJ62 but I'm not sure for other brands. Go into camera settings and double check or depending on your switch, mine is managed cisco and it does have option to restart that on schedule as well. If all things are not working for you, then I'm sure there is a smart wall plug you can schedule to restart each day.

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In BI, under camera -> schedule -> events schedule -> you can add events that are scheduled and/or based on sunrise / sunset and the functions include both reset and restart...

I think at one time I had it enabled for some old Foscam cameras that misbehaved when changing from night to day at dawn...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
As above, many/most cams have a reboot function usually under something like System > Maintenance. Doesn't sound like that's what you want though. Rather to leave the cam running as is and just restart it in BI.

In that case, look under Schedule > Events Schedule > Enable > Plus sign at bottom > Function > Select Restart > Set for whatever time. I think that does what you're looking for.