Is there an acknowledged recent AD410 manufacturing defect?

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Carlos @CarlosBarletta - I've always purchased my Amcrest cameras from Amazon, but I do recognize that you are an IPCT vendor that I sometimes keep an eye out for any available discounts.

I am curious why the AD410 doorbell isn't listed for sale here. Did it used to be and was pulled or just never sold here? Reason for asking is that very recently there have been a slew of serious night image quality complaints from users posting here and elsewhere. Amcrest support has assisted with the problem analysis and have told users to submit an RMA or return to Amazon if possible.

Problem is - after returning the doorbell, the replacement invariably exhibits the same glaring issue. Some users have received a good one in exchange, others not, even after 2 or 3 returns! (Note: all have a box date listing 5/2022)

Also, what happens to these returned products? Surely by now Amcrest must be alarmed at the number of returns. I'm hoping you can fill us in if the issue is known and what is being done to correct it with the products now in the pipeline.

For further detail - please see these posts from @shred86 & @waterside :

P.S. This issue doesn't affect me directly except that I have been strongly recommending the AD410 and am now very hesistant to continue to do so until I learn more about the situation from Amcrest.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh - so the escalation team can answer an IPCT Vendor specific question as to why the AD410 is no longer sold here? I was wondering if IPCT would be a better path to ensuring a Q/A'd or updated device - but since it's not even available - Never MIND!

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
since the escalation team works for Amcrest, I would think this would be a good place to be.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would think asking IPCT Vendor specific questions that this would be a better place to be. As to the technical questions about the actual hardware issues encountered - those have already been raised to Amcrest Support.