Is there any way to have alert actions fired synchronously/concurrently? (rather than waiting for previous ones to complete/timeout)

DEADBEEF

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a small python script I wrote which runs on my work PC, laptop, home desktop, etc.

BI has an alert event set up for each device to send a web request to each instance of the script on each machine.
The script runs a basic web server which when it receives a valid request will display a desktop notification popup of the alert image for a few secs before switching the image to an RTSP stream of the alerted camera for a few more secs before closing.

...Mouseovering the popup keeps the stream open, clicking opens a ui3 browser session focussed on the triggered camera.

That's all working great, however not all of these computers will necessarily be turned on at all times though, leading to quite long delays as BI waits for one request to complete or timeout before firing the next request in the action queue.

Is there some way I can have BI fire alert actions concurrently rather than one by one?

---

I'd thought about making another python script on the BI machine which gets called and does some threaded web requesting,. This would be simple enough but I just want to check if there isn't a better way first.